Thursday, January 8, 2009

Yea...


Yea Acacia ate good. I made these protein patties, rice and carrots for dinner and Acacia ate 2 1\2 patties and some carrots. This probably doesn't seem like a big deal to most people but it is. Over the last couple of months we (the doctor) have noticed that Acacia hasn't gained weight in a while. The doctor had me put her on a high protein - high fat (good fat) diet. Well, when we went back for a weight check a month later she still hadn't gained anything. This concerned the doctor and when she looked back Acacia has been 19lbs for 4 months now. Concidering the rate that babies grow in the first year this isn't a great thing. So...I had to really be focused on what she eats. I have always made sure my kids eat right so finding a different way to feed her has been challenging. Her liking these patties is awesome. She is so picky it is hard to find stuff she will eat. Anyways...we weighed her today and she has gained a pound. :) I know it doesn't seem like much...but wahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment