Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Curse you sun!

We are going to the beach for four days this weekend. Josh's sister lives in Cherry Point and we are going to visit her and her family. I hate going on vacation with things to do at home, so we are trying to make sure the house is clean...grass mowed...etc. Josh knows that I don't get much time to myself so he let me mow (I like to listen to my mp3 player and just enjoy being outside, by myself). Well I am retarded and didn't think about the sun...I am a lobster. I never burn! I spent all summer outside and went the beach twice last year and didn't burn. Oh, but today, two days before we go on a six hour drive to spend four days at the beach...I am now a crispy lobster. So I say... Curse you sun!

Here are some of my pretty roses from my mother's day rose bush (from my second mother's day).
I just finished reading The Wedding, by Nicholas Sparks *sigh* it was so sweet. I was worried, after reading The Notebook that it would be really sad, but it was really lovely. I have been trying to get my mind off of the Twilight books (its harder than you think, fellow Twilight-aholics). I have also read The Rescue, by Nicholas Sparks and The Memory Keeper's Daughter, by Kim Edward over the last couple of weeks. As much as I like Nicholas Sparks, I think I am going to try another author for my next read.
Have a good night everyone in blogger land. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Tim O'Brien is awesome (mostly about war/military). Philipa Gregory is really good too. I LOVED "The Other Boylen Girl" and "The Constant Princess"....and if you haven't read "Water for Elephants" you should definately try it out. :) And yes, I am dreading going through Twilight withdrawals when I finish all of them.

    ReplyDelete