Friday, July 17, 2009

Helpful

Ok... First of all I am feeling so much better. I went and volunteered yesterday at the soup kitchen and if that doesn't put your life into perspective... well. Then my in laws and my family went to Josh's sister Crystal's house to play in the pool. We had such a good time. All in all, a really good day.

Helping at the soup kitchen is something that I have been wanting to do for a while, but I don't think there was one in my little town until our church started one. It was uplifting to do for other people, but there were some definite moments of sadness. There were some people there that you just want to hug and take home and don't even get me started on the kids.

I was a little worried about taking Acacia to the pool. She doesn't really like anything cooler than bath water. But, low and behold... she loved it! Awesome. Maybe we can go visit more often now that I don't have to fear a screaming baby.

So... wahoo for good days :-) Now for a busy, but hopefully good weekend.




Have a great weekend everyone :-)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nice post and for putting in some time at the soup kitchen. For a little added inspiration, I encourage you to check out this brief video -- ahamoment.com/pg/moments/view/4578 -- it's the "aha moment" experienced by a mother and son who volunteer regularly at a soup kitchen. I know you'll enjoy it, and hope you check out the rest of the site, which was created by Mutual of Omaha to highlight good works, inspirational personal stories, and "aha moments" of all kinds.

    Best,
    jack@ahamoment.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you and the volunteer work! I miss volunteering. It really warms the heart. And even though we can not save the world, we can sure bring a smile to one persons face and uplift their world!!!

    Baby DIVA is not fond of any water that is not her fragrant warm bathub water either. I am so glad that acacia took to the pool! Great pics and since she likes it lots of cool summer fun ahead for you!!!

    ReplyDelete