Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving weekend

Hope everyone out in blogger land had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We did. I got up early and went to the soup kitchen and helped cook and serve a wonderful turkey dinner. After that I rushed home to finish cooking our Thanksgiving dinner. Thankfully my hubby put the turkey in for me and cleaned house :-) All of our friends and family arrived around 5pm and we ate until we couldn't eat anymore. Ha ha. A little surprise, Josh's sister that lives at the coast was able to make it after all. That was a nice surprise. We don't get to see her often.
~
Black Friday.... I don't do black friday. I hate crowds like that, I would probably hurt someone LOL. Josh and my sister Marilynn get up around 2:30am and brave the crowd. I babysit (which is really just me and the kids sleeping :-)... I get the better end of the deal I think). But, thanks to their bravery we only lack a few things to finish Christmas shopping. Josh and I have sort of made a tradition for the last few items. We have a date night, dinner, maybe a movie and then grab the last few things we need. I am looking forward to it this year. We are going to go see New Moon. :-)
Later in the day (after naps were had by all haha) we put up our tree and then went to Marilynn's and helped her put up her tree. Lovely :-) We still have to put up our outside lights, but none of us feel very good today so I am not sure when that will get done. I did promise Hannah she could help me wrap presents today though. So I guess I will suck it up for a little bit. Ha ha.
Josh and Hannah putting the tree together

Acacia helping put the ornaments on.
~
I just thought I would share this picture with everyone because I thought it was darn cute. Acacia, fresh out of the bath, decided that she need to "jam" on her guitar... naked. LOL I just love it!! She it so darn cute!
Break it down girl!
~
Saturday we went to our friends house to help them decorate their tree. My bestfriend Amy has 40 billion ornaments :-) and it takes her forever to do it herself so she recruited us last year to start helping her. We had a great time. We decorated, ate wonderful grilled sandwiches and french fries, and played cards until all hours. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment