Monday, April 19, 2010

Getting Started

All of last week was pretty warm here. We played outside and just tried to stay cool. We are trying to save power so I have just been working with the windows to keep the house cool. This works for a lot of people all summer long. Not us. Our house gets full on sun all day. I have figured out how to rotate the open windows and closing the blinds, but it still gets pretty hot in the house in the evening. But, until it either gets humid or hot for several days in a row, this is what we are doing. With the power rate up from last year our power bill has been much higher than we are used to. I guess we will sweat it out some this year LOL.

Hannah had a great soccer practice Friday. Everyone did so great that I had high hopes that we might do halfway good at the game Saturday. *sigh* We got creamed again. Hannah did better and Zane (her cousin) is getting pretty good, but other than the one other kid on the team...the rest don't seem like they want to be there. Oh, well.

Saturday Josh worked on the lawn mower (riding) but couldn't get it going, so he had to use the push mower. Bless his heart. We have over an acre of grass. He mowed part of it then started tilling where the garden is going to be.
Later that afternoon our friends showed up. We decided to have desert before dinner and headed over to Jack Frost for some ice cream. Yummy! After ice cream it was almost time for Hannah's soccer game so we headed to the field. Like I said, we got creamed, again. Ha ha. On our way out Acacia fell and scraped her knees. This wouldn't be such a big deal, but she fell last weekend and really tore up her knees and kept re-opening them all week. So, when she fell she fell on already scabbed knees. Poor baby :(
We went home and bbq'd some chicken and steak and had salad, grilled zucchini, and corn on the cob. So good. After dinner we jammed to some Band Hero on the Wii. Lots of fun :-)

Sunday Josh finished tilling the garden and then we went to his sister Angie's for a bbq. She just moved into a new house and was showing it off :-)
We had a good time seeing family we don't get to see very often. Hannah had a blast playing with her cousins and climbing trees. LOL We don't have good climbing trees at our house and she just thought that was the coolest.


Josh finally got the riding mower working and Acacia wanted a ride LOL
Later we decided to take Hannah out to dinner at her favorite restaurant. Hannah is having her tonsils taken out tomorrow and won't be able to eat anything but soft food for a little bit so we decided to treat her. After dinner we stopped at the store to let her pick out soft food for this week. She was excited...popsicles, pudding, applesauce, jello, ice cream and stuff for fruit smoothies...what kid wouldn't be excited LOL.

So, today I am getting ready to go work in the garden and get our plants planted this morning. This evening I will be getting everything ready for Hannah's hospital stay. I am nervous, but Josh will be staying with her the whole time. I will be there too, but off and on. We decided that I would come home with Acacia because being 24 months prego with an elephant ha ha, my feet keep swelling and I probably wouldn't be able to sleep at the hospital (considering I can barely sleep in my own bed). So keep my sweet baby in your prayers. I'm sure everything will go smoothly, but come on, let me be a mom and worry :-)


The start of our garden this year.

Hope everyone has a great week.

On a side note...Acacia has progressed to wearing "big girl" panties during the day and diapers only at night (and in the car). Yay!!

1 comment:

  1. I only get to do this for about a day here in houston because of he humidity but it really works and helps. I wash the bed sheets in old water and hang them to dry in front of the open windows. The air dries thm nice and the damp fabric helps keep the house cool.

    Your garden is awesome. So big. I am jealous. I cant wait to see it grow this year!

    ReplyDelete