Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Snake


Over the weekend my oldest daughter was outside with her friends and happened upon a snake. Thank goodness, she and the other kids didn't have a crazy urge to mess with it. Hannah screamed and jumped back and they all came running. My wonderful hubby ran to the rescue with a shovel and killed it. At first we thought it was a copperhead, which we have had a problem with in past years, but it turns out...after looking it over a little more that it was a Northern Water Snake. Now these snakes are non venomous, but can be very aggressive. I only learned the name and information on it after researching in yesterday. Craziness. I hope this isn't a sign that we are going to have a snake problem again.

2 comments:

  1. ewwww! snakes fresk me out.. I had one chase me as a little girl and it ruined me for life!!

    Glad everyone is ok and i hope you dont end up with a snake problem!!

    ReplyDelete