Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter weekend

Easter weekend....busy, but fun :~)

Friday
Josh took a vacation day making it a 4 day weekend for us. Yay :~)  After doing some running around we hung out with his sister who was in town. The girls ended up staying the night at my mother in laws with everyone.
Josh and I came home and made a yummy home cooked meal, put the baby to bed, had a glass of wine and....(get your mind out of the gutter!) watched Criminal Minds. It was lovely :~)

Saturday
I got right up and hard boiled some eggs to dye and started cooking food for a bbq later. Josh picked up the girls from his moms. Oh! And one of the best parts...they finished our patio! Woohoo!!
Anyways LOL. We dyed eggs with the girls, then headed to the church for the Easter Egg hunt. The kids had fun. My sister and Jaylynn, Josh's sister Tina and her family, and Josh's sister Crystal and her family all came too.
After the egg hunt we met everyone at Josh's parents house for a bbq. Good food, more egg dying, volleyball and relaxing. It was nice.

Sunday
We got up and gave the kids their baskets. Acacia was so super excited...it was funny. She just kept saying "thank you daddy". Too cute. After letting the kids eat a piece of candy (yup, only 1 piece. Then a healthy breakfast...I'm a mean mommy) we got ready and headed to church. It was a nice service.
After church my mother in law took us all out to lunch (along with some of Josh's family). 
Liam fell asleep on the way home so we let him take a nap before heading to my sisters house. Once we got there we had a big egg hunt for the kids. Much fun was had by all, but I think Acacia had the most fun. It was so exciting to see her get so excited :~)
When the hunting was done we all (my sister family and mine) headed up to Curtis Creek to play. It was so nice and peaceful. I love it up there. It made me ready to start camping.

*I took all sorts of pictures but only one (the eggs) on my phone. Sorry :~)

Monday
We worked our butts off all day. I finished getting the garden ready. Josh mowed the yard. We cleaned up the patio (heehee) and arranged it. Worked in flower beds. Moved stuff around in the yard. Burned the brush pile. Busy, busy, busy. It felt wonderful to get so much done.

Well, that was long ha ha.
Hope everyone had a great weekend.

1 comment: