Tuesday, June 14, 2011

1 year

Can I come out and play?

I have been sitting here typing and erasing this blog I want to write. Today is my only son's 1st birthday and I can't seem to put into words how I feel.
Sorrow. Yes, some. This is probably my last child so it is a little bittersweet to have his 1st birthday upon us already.
Happiness. Of course. I have always loved watching every stage of my childrens growth.
Emotional. *sigh*  I couldn't figure out why I have been so emotional lately, but I think it has a lot to do with today. My children are growing up so fast. Sometimes I feel like I have missed years...how could they be so grown up? Did I sleep through it? Just yesterday they were babies. Now my littlest baby is moving from being a baby to a big one year old. Wait! Hold on. Something is off...he can't be a year old yet. He is still my little baby. He's not even walking yet (almost, but not quite), its not time.
So here is my sad, unorganized post. I was going to talk about the day I went into labor and how much joy I felt when he came into this world. I could have wrote about this past year and what a happy, smart, loving child he is. But no. Today I just feel a little sad. My sweet baby isn't a baby anymore. Tomorrow. Tomorrow maybe I won't be so sad and I can write a more upbeat happy post. But for now I will just say...

Happy 1st Birthday Liam <3
We love you so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment