Sunday, July 3, 2011

Happy Anniversary

June 30th, 2002

9 years.
We have been married for 9 years.
Its funny how it doesn't seem like we have been married that long, but at the same time, I feel like we have been together forever. Josh is the best thing that has ever happened to me. He is my best friend, my rock. He is a loving husband. And, of course, he gave 3 beautiful children. What more could a girl want :~)

We went out for our anniversary (without the kids) yesterday and had such a great day. We decided that we would try to do something new, so we headed to downtown Asheville. It was early afternoon but neither of us had had lunch and we were a little hungry, but decided we would walk around for a bit before we grabbed a bite. After finding a parking garage we just started walking. There were some outside venders selling all sorts of neat things. As we strolled along, window shopping, we happened upon a shop called The Chocolate Fetish. Really, how could we resist going in there.
Sticking with our "try something new" attitude we picked an assortment of chocolates to try...from red wine and rose truffles to chile cocoa nib chocolate rounds. Some were divine. Some I didn't care for. But it was so fun to step outside our comfort zone.
After walking a bit more we went in a spice store (I can't remember the name). There were spices I had never even heard of. We were encouraged to smell whatever spices we wished. I think I smelled about everyone of them, except the spicy ones. I picked up a worchestershire powder and sniffed a big sniff and it about knocked me on my butt. Ha ha ha. We had a good laugh about that. The store owners were kind enough to give me some coffee beans to help get that smell out of my nose.
It was really a neat little shop.
We stopped at a cute little vender that sold the cutest shirts. Sweeterthanthetea.com is her web site. These shirts are so cute and if your from the South or have visited here you will get a kick out of them.
We wondered in a high-end home decor store. Samples products at a spa. We also walked through an art gallery. It was so wonderful. Asheville park was having live music so we stopped there for a bit.
By this time we were getting quite hungry, so we headed to our favorite mexican restaurant, Pappa's N Beer, for a tasty dinner.
After our lovely dinner we wondered a few more stores then hit the movie theater. Pirates of the Caribbean 4 in 3D. It was good, but I loved all of them.
It was a wonderful day, with wonderful company. I can't wait to do it again.

Happy Anniversary Josh. I love you!


Sent via MOTOBLUR™ on Verizon Wireless

No comments:

Post a Comment