Monday, August 29, 2011

Busy, busy

Liam loving on Hannah :~)

Our lives are so busy right now. I haven't had time to blog like I would like to, so there is much to catch up on.

Hannah went back to school. My big 3rd grader. We met her teacher, Mrs. Hughes. She seems nice. Unfortunatly, Hannah is in the same class as a child that has given her problems before. This child used to get Hannah (and the class sometimes) in trouble. Now, I'm not saying that Hannah is perfect, but between what Hannah would tell me and what the teacher would tell me, it was clear that 90% of the problem was the other child. When I noticed that this child is in Hannahs class this year I talked to her teacher about it and the teacher said knowingly "Oh yea, I had her brother last year. I'm sure she will be with me most of the year." Ha ha. It must run in the family.

As you may or may not know, I have gone back to school to get my RN. Right now I am taking four classes; Success and study skills, Biology, Expository writing, and Algebra. It hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. Of course we are only a couple weeks in ha ha. I have my first biology test today, but I feel pretty prepared for it.
I use my time between classes and even some of the breaks to do homework. Of course I have to do some at home and I use Liams nap time to finish what I can. Luckly, my success and study skills teacher doesn't like to give homework :~)

On top of school I have been back at weight watchers for a while now and have kicked it up a notch by working out. I try to do that while Liam is napping too. Right now my goal is to get on the Wii fit 5 days a week. I don't have a set time or routine right now. I just want to get in the habit of making time to work out. Most days I am able to get 10-15 minutes in. Last week was a bust. Between school, appointments and homework, I think I only worked out 2 or 3 times. Its okay though, we are still trying to get in a groove and Acacia is supposed to start school soon, plus gymnastics starts soon too. It will probably take a couple of weeks to really get in a good routine.

We have some exciting events coming up though. We have a big bbq Labor day weekend with our friends. It should be lots of fun.
Also, our friend has been going through the training to be a state trooper and is graduating soon. We took some time off to attend his graduation and then visit my sister in law (who lives not far from where we will be) and her family. We are looking forward to seeing her new house.
Our big event that we have been looking forward to for months now (the kids have even made a paper chain to count the days down), is my grandma coming to visit. We have not seen my grandma in 3 1/2 years. Acacia was only 6 months old and Liam wasn't even thought of yet.
I have also heard a whisper of possibly my older sister coming to visit soon.
Living so far away from my family is hard, but it sure makes it special when we do get to see them.

In other news, my sister in law, Tina, and my cousin Desiree are pregnant. This is Desiree's first child. We are excited for her. They just found out that it is a girl :~)
Tina has a daughter and a step son, so this will be child 3. They have an ultrasound tomorrow. Hopefully the baby will let us see what gender it will be.

Lots going on in Hardin World, but right now the baby is taking a nap so I better get on the Wii and start this week off good.
Have a great week everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! An RN! You'll be fabulous! You are super busy....my goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I figure I have been a caretaker of sorts for most of my life...why not get paid for it ;~)
    This semester isn't to bad. Next semester is going to be crazy. I have to take anatomy, chemistry and cna1, which everyone tells me is crazy, but if I want to get in the program next fall I have to.
    It will all be worth it in the end :~)

    ReplyDelete