Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Awake

Soooo....my last post was about being sad that a book ended. Well, admittedly I was. Quite sad actually. Because I wasn't sure how to deal with such an overwhelming feeling produced from a fictional book, I read them again. Now some might say that was not a wise move considering the emotional state these books left me in, but I thought if I read them again...well, I'm not sure what I thought.
It worked though. I didn't have the sadness when I finished the books like last time. I still would read them again (the book is in my head still) so, knowing my sister wanted to read them, I lent her my Kindle. Now maybe I will get things done.
I wish I could talk about being in the nursing program. I have learned so many things that I would love to share, but they lectured us about privacy and quite frankly I don't really know what is ok to talk about and what isn't.

I feel like I have come awake. I used to be a very independent, motivated, strong person. I feel like I am not that person anymore, until now. Its like I have been asleep for the last 7 or 8 years. Someone once said that I was domesticated. I laughed at them, but they might have been right. Right in the since that all I thought about was my house and kids. Now don't get me wrong, my kids are first on my list, but I have come to realize that I have dreams. Dreams that I have suppressed and almost forgotten about. Not anymore. I feel motivated and determined. I know what I want and I will work my ass off to get it. Period. No more settling. No more just hoping that my dreams will fall into my lap.

Hopefully I can blog about my progress along the way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment